Livery Agreement & Terms of Service
Members shall be bound during the continuance of membership of this website by these Terms and Conditions including any amendments made in accordance with the details set out below.
Newlands Equestrian Livery Agreement (Duties)
- Yard – Newlands Equestrian Livery Stables
- Owner(s) – the owner of the horse or pony (or the person to whom the horse or pony has been loaned to)
- Horse(s) – the horse or pony specified in schedule 3 of the livery agreement
- Service(s) – the livery services to be provided by the yard as listed in Schedule 1. and such additional services from Schedule 2
- Term – the time during which the Livery Agreement is in force
- Fee(s) – the fees set out in Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 of the written livery agreement
The Yard and Owner Agree As Follows …
1. Duties Of The Yard
- 1.4 The yard shall at all times during the term tale actions and behave in an efficient and professional manner, which meets the welfare needs of the horse and in so doing will exercise all the skill, care and diligence that might be expected of a competent and properly qualified equine livery yard.
- 1.5 The yard shall at all times during the term use its best endeavours to provide to the owner the services listed in Schedule 1. of the livery agreement and such additional services from Shedule 2. that the yard and owner may agree upon from time to time, in an efficient and professional manner.
- 1.6 The yard shall at all times during the term keep appropriate records of all acts and work done by it in relation to the services and at the request of the owner.
- 1.7 The yard shall at all times during the term engage, for the purposes of the services, sufficient persons that are suitably skilled and experienced and where appropriate professional qualified in providing such services
- 1.8 The yard shall at all times during the term give the owner access to the horse and to all premises where the horse is kept, as a minimum during the business hours of the yard and at such times as the yard and owner may agree from time to time.
- 1.9 The yard shall at all times during the term reserve the right to implement such measures that it deems appropriate to safeguard the health and welfare of all persons with access to the yard, and shall develop, implement, publicise and regularly review a statement of policy on health and safety, together with such rules, procedures and training as it deems appropriat, including but not limited to matters relating to fire safety, first aid and the care and welfare of horses, including policies on vaccination and worming as wel as all other relevant matters.
- 1.10 The yard shall at all times reserve the right to allocate resources as it deems appropriate, including assigning horses to stables, opening or closing fields and allocating hay, straw, etc.
- 1.11 The yard shall spray weeds, fertilise or maintain the paddocks as the yard deems necessary. The horse owner should pull small amounts of ragwort or other weeds on a regular basis, and inform the Yard Manager if there is a weed problem.
2. Duties Of The Owner
- 2.1 The owner shall ensure that prior to the horse entering the yard, the yard manager is provided with all the information relating to the horse as set out in schedule 3. and shall at all times during the term ensure that the yard manager is informed in writing of any changes to this information.
- 2.2 In the event that the owner fails to ensure that the horse is provided with any of the matters listed in Schedule 2.3, the owner agrees that the yard may undertake this work and charge the owner in accordance with the sums set out in the livery agreement or where not covered by the agreement at the market rate.
- 2.3 The owner shall at all times during the term ensure that:
- a. the horse is checked at least once daily by the owner
- b. the horse is wormed / worm counted in accordance with the policy of the yard
- c. the horse is vaccinated in accordance with the policy of the yard
- d. the horses stable is mucked out once daily and paddock muck picked at least once a week
- e. the horse is provided with adequate and sufficient hard feed
- f. the horse is exercised regularly according to its needs
- g. the horse is attended regularly by a registered farrier
- h. third party liability insurance is maintained in repsect of the horse
- 2.4 The owner agrees that in the event that the yard believes the horse is in need of urgent veterinary or farrier attention, the yard manager may summon a veterinary surgeon or farrier and authorise any essential treatment required, provided that the yard makes all reasonable attempts to contact the owner before such work is carried out, and that the owner will be responsible for any and all veterinary and/or farrier fees in accordance with this paragraph.
- 2.5 The owner shall at all times during the term inform the yard manager if the horse is to be absent from the yard and when the horse will leave and return to the yard.
- 2.6 The owner shall take all reasonable steps to safequard the fabric, fixtures and fittings and any & all equipment belonging to the yard and accepts full responsibility for reimburesment of the yard for any damages and breakages caused by the owner or for dmage to persons or property caused by their horse.
- 2.7 The owner accepts that whilst the yard will take reasonable steps to safeguard and secure the yard and its occupants it cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to the horse, tack or equipment belonging to the owner, except when due to the negligence of the yard, and that the owner is responsible for security and insurance of their horse and of all tack and equipment brought to the yard.
- 2.8 The owner shall at all times during the term make themselves aware of and comply with all notices, instructions and rules provided by the yard and yard manager, for the purpose of the health, safety and welfare of those using the yard, including but not limited to notices, rules and instructions relating fire safety, accidents, first aid, security, horse health, worming and pasture, whether issued directly, in writing or verbally, or posted on notices.